CrimsonBow will use all its resources to curb sickle cell and help people living with it win the fight against it. CB will also play its part in ensuring the disease is eradicated in Nigeria.
What we are about
CrimsonBow is a faith based non-governmental organization that seeks to reach out to people whose lives have been affected by the Sickle Cell condition, either directly as sufferers, or indirectly as parents, children, siblings, friends or colleagues of sufferers. By way of research, story-telling and information sharing CrimsonBow intends to equip Sickle Cell warriors with what it takes to fight and continuously push back the boundaries and limits put upon their lives by the Sickle Cell condition. CrimsonBow also seeks to provide physical, financial and medical resources to those living with Sickle Cell.
CrimsonBow’s mission is to be a resource community for sickle cell by providing emotional, financial and medical resources to sickle cell warriors in need of it
Our Aims and Objectives
- To create awareness, educate and enlighten the public (nationally and globally) through several communication channels on sickle cell disease (SCD) prevention, eradication, management, health issues and concerns.
- Educate parents of persons living with sickle cell through various outreach programs on how to cater to the needs of children with SCD.
- Operate special crèches for toddlers living with SCD and SCD resource centres.
- Facilitate provisions of subsidised/free treatment, medical services, surgical interventions, drugs and medical supplies to persons with SCD.
- Have outreach programs at all levels of educational institutions in the country for the education and enlightenment of students on SCD issues.
- Encourage blood donations for persons living with SCD and offer and facilitate free genotype testing to the public at large
- To cooperate and collaborate with the federal and states government in Nigeria and other bodies and institutions, nationally and globally in furtherance of the above aims and objects.
- To provide training and support, for other NGO practitioners who have the same aims and objects as those listed here.
- To do all such other lawful things as may be considered to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.